On-line pre-registration will end at 4:00pm on the Friday prior to the meeting. If you do not pre-register and pre-pay (via credit card) before this deadline and still wish to attend, we welcome you to "pay at the door” for an additional $15 fee. Remember, if you need to cancel for any reason, simply send a note to our registration team.
Members In-Transition: $20
Student Members: $20
Volunteer Chairs: $20
2017 Registration Announcements:
Meeting Cancellations and Credits:
· There are no monetary refunds for meeting cancellations.
· Only two meeting credits allowed during September-July time frame.
· Meeting credits expire if not used within the next 3 meetings
· Use of the credit must be provided to Registration by 4pm the Friday before the scheduled event the credit will be used for.
· Should a credit be used and the individual be unable to make the meeting the credit is applied to, the credit cannot be used again.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER:
Natalie Rowell is a highly successful Human Resource professional with twenty plus years of experience. She has done so via a thoughtful, conscious approach to managing her career and shrewd career moves orchestrated by her. Currently with Bayer US (Strategic Sourcing, HR-Benefits), she has also worked with CIT Group (VP- Benefits), Maersk Inc. (General Manager, Communication and Compliance), Marsh USA (AVP and Sr. Consultant), Quest Diagnostics and Aetna Health Plans. Natalie holds a BA from Rutgers (education). In her free time, she spends time with her daughter Aline.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM:
In this interactive session Natalie Rowell a highly successful Human Resource professional will share lessons learned through her story of being pro-active in career moves including anticipating the HR market place, conscious early adapter preparation, utilizing tools and talent wisely and understanding that excellence in performance is highly prized. And yes, she will also share a bit of scar tissue!
How many people are truly happy with what they are doing? Who is proactive in managing their career? Can it really be done?
Many Human Resources professionals spend more time addressing the career issues of others and neglect investing in their own career development and satisfaction. HR professionals need to be in control of their own career destiny so it doesn't happen by default. Too often, corporate professionals “nest” in roles that do not align with their personalities or intrinsic attributes. Just because you are good at something doesn’t necessarily mean you should be doing it, especially if takes you off your career trajectory and you’re not passionate about it. It’s important to have a purposeful approach to career development while pursuing your passion.
Key points of the program include the following:
• Understanding how to take control of your own career and how to marry it with your passion and skill set.
• Emphasizing the importance and encouragement of taking lateral moves where it makes sense.
• Evaluating where you are on your career path and recognizing when it’s time to pivot.
• Underscoring the importance of being strategic in the career moves you make.
• Understanding how to avoid getting pigeon-holed in a job, industry or career.