On-line pre-registration will end at 4:00pm on the Friday prior to the meeting. If you do not pre-register and pre-pay (via credit card) before this deadline and still wish to attend, we welcome you to "pay at the door” for an additional $15 fee. Remember, if you need to cancel for any reason, simply send a note to our registration team.
Members In-Transition: $20
Student Members: $20
Volunteer Chairs: $20
2017 Registration Announcements:
CCM HR Certifications Students:
In order to register at the student rate of $20, you must be a National SHRM student member and a registered student member of Morris County SHRM. Keep in mind that if you join SHRM National as a student, you can affiliate with Morris County SHRM and then register directly online yourself at the student rate. If you’re unable to do this, you are considered a non-member, and the registration rate for non-members is $60.
Meeting Cancellations and Credits:
· There are no monetary refunds for meeting cancellations.
· Only two meeting credits allowed during September-July time frame.
· Meeting credits expire if not used within the next 3 meetings
· Use of the credit must be provided to Registration by 4pm the Friday before the scheduled event the credit will be used for.
· Should a credit be used and the individual be unable to make the meeting the credit is applied to, the credit cannot be used again.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS:
Scott Malyk is a Partner with Meyner and Landis LLP’s Immigration Law Department specializing in all aspects of corporate and business-related immigration law. Scott is an experienced, results-oriented attorney who represents a diverse group of domestic and multinational corporations and their employees, providing both short- and long-term guidance in connection with the hiring, transfer and retention of international personnel worldwide.
Anthony F. Siliato, the founder of Meyner and Landis' Immigration Law Group, has been practicing Immigration Law for more than 25 years. He is chiefly responsible for the firm's business and corporate-related immigration matters which involve the recruitment, hiring, transfer and retention of international personnel worldwide. In addition, Mr. Siliato counsels business clients in the areas of immigration-related compliance, investigations and immigration due diligence for corporate mergers and acquisitions.
In servicing the US immigration-related needs of employers in a full spectrum of industries Anthony either partners with in-house counsel or human resource personnel or manages their foreign national personnel program entirely, in obtaining temporary and permanent (green card) visas for business, scientific, managerial and executive personnel.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM:
The program is designed to provide human resource professionals with an overview of some of the challenges organizations face in hiring, retaining and when necessary, terminating foreign national employees,with a special focus on providing practical tips to assist you in your day-to-day duties while helping to demystify the U.S. immigration process. This will include an up-to date analysis of changes (and proposed changes) to the employment-based immigration law system under the Trump Administration.
Topics to be discussed include:
- How to establish uniform hiring guidelines, including a set of pre-hire questions to best determine whether immigration sponsorship makes business sense for the employer at the outset of the recruitment process.
- Understanding the limitations on temporary (non-immigrant) work visa categories to help your organization make more informed hiring and retention decisions from the beginning. Where is your perspective hire in his/her process? How much time does he/she have remaining in the U.S.?
- Planning short and long-term strategies for foreign national employees to maximize outcome (and minimize spend).
- When terminating anH-1B worker is necessary, make sure you effect a bona-fide termination as required under the regulations. While H-1B employees are typically employed at-will, there are special requirements that your organization must comply with under the regulations.