Volunteering With the Morris County SHRM Chapter
Our entire Chapter is run by volunteers: some on an occasional basis, helping out with a meeting or special project; and others who are elected to two-year terms on our Board. The time commitment could be a few hours once, or a few or more hours each month.
What is in it for you? Well here are just a few of the meaningful rewards you will realize by becoming a MC SHRM Volunteer:
- Build upon your HR competencies!! You will gain access to local professional development opportunities to improve your HR competencies and advance yourself professionally!
- Help shape the culture and future of the chapter by performing hands on volunteer work.
- Reap the rewards and benefits of working with and learning from diverse Human Resource professionals.
- Build out your network! Build more in-depth working relationships with the local network of professional members, fellow volunteers and HR service providers.
- Share your knowledge and learn from others too. Enjoy a forum where your specialized skills/strengths can be put to use within a targeted volunteer role. If you are not sure of your strengths and passions this is a great forum for us to assist you in identifying them!
- Build relationships of trust and hone effective interpersonal skills.
- Become a credible HR activist and be recognized for your efforts!
- Find purpose and meaning in your work!
- Step out of the work place, achieve better work/life balance while applying your leadership skills.
- Be recognized by external stakeholders as being engaged and involved in driving your human resources career through being connected as a volunteer within the SHRM National and local organizations.
For general inquiries regarding our current volunteer needs, please contact our Volunteers Chair, Yvonne Rocco. If you would like to fill out the Morris County SHRM Volunteer Profile, please click here.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
(please click on each title for detailed description)